A successful marriage requires falling in love with your best friend.
A wise proverb says, “Happy is the man who finds a true friend, and far happier is he who finds that true friend in his wife.”
Some of the most successful and enduring marriages have started as friendships, because those with the same interests and commonality make the best partners. Romance and sexuality are never as important as enjoying the fellowship and closeness of your husband or wife.
When looking for the right mate, here are some basic steps to follow:
– Friendship building takes time, so don’t rush into a marriage commitment without much prayer and evaluation of your relationship with your future spouse.
– Explore the interests of your future spouse – be it sports, art, music, theater, gardening or whatever. Find out what they are passionate about and then join them.
– Use conflict to sharpen and purify friendship and grow closer together.
– Establish a daily habit of praying together.
– Nourish and care for one another. Be gentle and forving with one another’s faults.
– Affirm your love for one another every day. Make it a habit to say, “I love you.”
– And before you say, “I do,” carefully evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of your overall relationship, and make sure that God has indeed brought you together.
“Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.” – Genesis 2:24
“A husband should love his wife as much as Christ loved the church and gave his life for it.” – Ephesians 5:25
– Luis Joseph Castle
CHOSEN OF GOD MINISTRIES
#ASuccessfulMarriage #LastingRelationships #GodsPlanForHappiness