The Apostles’ Creed, though not written by the apostles, is the oldest creed of the Christian church and is the basis for our fellowship with others of like-minded faith.
The Apostles’ Creed goes back to at least 140 A.D. when many of the early church leaders summed up their beliefs. It is not Scripture, but it is based on Scripture, and a simple list of the great doctrines of the faith that we should all agree upon. If possible, it is good to memorize the entire creed and keep it close to your heart.
– Luis Joseph Castle
SENIOR PASTOR / DIRECTOR
• I believe in God, the Father almighty, creator of heaven and earth.
• I believe in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord, who was conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary.
• He suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died, and was buried; he descended to hades.
• The third day he rose again from the dead and ascended to heaven. He is now seated at the right hand of God the Father almighty. From there he will come one day soon to judge the living and the dead.
• I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy universal church, of all times and all places, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and the life everlasting. Amen.