Simply stated, “The love of your life; your perfect match.”
Although everyone has one, some people may never find their soulmate because they are not looking in the right places.
According to modern definition, a “soulmate” is a person who is your destiny partner for life. Someone you will love “forever” because you have instant similarity, love, romance, peace, comfort, intimacy, sexuality, spirituality, compatibility and trust.
Beware of the usage of the “soulmate” term as defined by Plato, the Greek philosopher, born in 428 BC. It is utter foolishness – a Greek myth portraying humans as originally having four arms, four legs, and a single head with two faces, possessing both male and female genitalia. Supposedly, they were eventually split in two by the Greek god, Zeus, and they forever wandered the earth looking for “their other half.”
The Biblical definition
The biblical concept of soulmates is what we believe is the accurate definition. It comes from the Old Testament concept of finding your Bashert, a Yiddish word meaning “destiny.”
Jewish scholars teach that all marriages are made in heaven. In other words, marriages for humans are created by God almighty and we must pray and wait until we find the perfect partner He has for us. Jewish singles will say that they are looking for their Bashert, meaning, they are looking for that person who will complement them perfectly and whom they themselves will complement perfectly. Since it is considered to have been foreordained by God whom one will marry, one’s spouse is considered to be one’s Bashert. Marriages that do not work out well is the result of not waiting for your Bashert.
The Soulmate is the strongest bond with another person that a man or woman can achieve.
When God first created Adam and Eve, it was two souls united by God. He created them to become “one flesh”, as well as every other couple thereafter.
“The LORD God said, ‘It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him.’ Then the LORD God made a woman from the rib he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man. The man said, ‘This is now bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called ‘woman,’ for she was taken out of man.’ That is why a man leaves his father and mother and is united to his wife, and they become ONE FLESH.” – Genesis 2:18-24
God from the very beginning ordained marriage and the family unit as the first and foremost institution on earth. God’s plan for marriage consists of one male and one female who become united as one – physically and spiritually (one flesh). It is a lifelong bond of soulmates who love, compliment and uplift each other.
How do you know you’ve found your soulmate?
You will feel drawn to each other physically and spiritually, and experience an overall sense of completeness – like you were meant to unite. Here are some other clues that you’ve found your soulmate:
1. You connect with them on the deepest level and they allow you to grow as a person within the relationship.
2. You communicate without speaking.
3. You’ve been totally comfortable around each other since you’ve first met.
4. The relationship brings both partners a sense of inner calm.
5. You and your partner have separate identities, but you face the world as one.
6. When you finally meet you find yourself ready for love and your love blooms instantly.
How often does that happen?
Not too often, I’m afraid. Most people today are in and out of relationships that never last because they easily settle for “second best.” They make mistake-after-mistake by getting involved with people who are not God’s best for them. Instead, they should wait patiently in faith that God will provide their perfect soulmate.
“I wait for the LORD, my soul does wait, And in His word do I put my hope.” – Psalm 130:5
The LORD is good to those who wait for Him, to the soul who seeks Him in faith. Those who wait patiently on God to provide the perfect soulmate will not be dissapointed.
So continue praying in faith, keep an open mind and an open heart and expect your soulmate to come knocking. When he or she does, be ready to answer the door.
– Luis Joseph Castle
CHOSEN OF GOD MINISTRIES
FOR MORE INSPIRATIONAL MESSAGES click on the tab, “Hope * Inspiration”.
#FindingYourSoulmate #GodsPerfectPartnerForYou #AdviceToSingles #WaitingInFaith
1. Soulmates: Twin flames burning with perfect love.
2. Soulmates: You may meet thousands of people but then you meet that one person that touches your life so deeply.
3. It may take a lifetime but soulmates eventually meet, for they have the same secret hiding place.
4. And then my soul saw you and it kind of went, “Oh there you are. I’ve been looking for you.”
5. Soulmates will stand by you through everything and understand your ups and downs better than anyone else, for they are mentally and spiritually connected to you.
6. You are my soulmate, my sweetheart, my dream come true.